The American public…just like your teenage kids, aren’t acting in a way that they should act. The American public has to really understand in their core how important this issue is. Dr. Chu, September 21, 2009
When government runs and funds sciences, the sciences are lost. No more scientific inquiry. Too much time licking the boots of their masters. Remember there can be no scientific inquiry when the government controls you. Government scientist is a contradiction in terms. Let’s make a few points clear here:
1. You first, Dr Chu. Then Al Gore, Prince Charles and all the other blow-hards running around in private jets, multiple huge houses (and so many some Members of Congress “forget” about them). You try it first.
2. It is none of your business what we do, this was founded as a free country with strict Constitutional limits of the powers of government. Dr. Steven Chu needs to read his American History before he continues to spout fascist-socialist nonsense.
3. Fascism, statism and socialism are not what we want here.
4. Double-speak, thought police, might be acceptable in a totalitarian regime, but not in the United States.
5. Look at sunspots. Read this [Climate modeling], and this [Al Gore's house], and this [each leader at U.N. Climate Summit has convoy of vehicles]. “Do as I say, not as I do,” seems to be the motto.
We are not children, Dr. Chu. We are a country of free individuals and taking orders from crack-pots is not in the plan.
Dr. Steven Chu needs to start with examining his history, his facts, and the Constitution. After he is done all that, come back and talk to us again. But the next time Dr. Steven Chu speaks to or about the American people, Chu better do it as equals. An elitist, authoritarian, imperial set of rulers in Washington? Is that what you want?