- ‘I do not expect to see home again’…
- ‘I don’t want to live in a society that does these sort of things’
- ‘I believed in Obama’s promises’
- ‘Presidents openly lie to secure the office’
- ‘Government has granted itself power it is not entitled to’
- ‘Whenever we had a debate in the office on how to handle crimes, they do not defend due process – they defend decisive action. They say it is better to kick someone out of a plane than let these people have a day in court. It is an authoritarian mindset in general.’
- ‘Once you go on the network, I can identify your machine. You will never be safe whatever protections you put in place.’
Miss Smythe-Beddoes: Colonel, you had an opportunity to observe the new Germany and the United States. Now, how would you compare them?
Hogan: Oh… no comparison at all. Back home, everybody thinks for themselves. All those decisions to make. Here, one man thinks for everyone. Saves a lot of wear and tear.
I’m, uh… I mean, take the Russian front. That was Hitler’s idea, yet I think it’s so wonderful you don’t hear one word of criticism about it.
Hogan, Hogan’s Heroes, Who Stole My Copy of Mein Kampf? (1969)
Sounds like we’ll be having one person think for everyone on certain topics going forward here now too!